Today we continue #swlancaster’s series all about the people bringing Startup Weekend Lancaster to you in 2014.
I asked our organizers to answer a few questions – partially because I was curious but also because I really want people to get to know the awesome people helping to organize the best 54 hour event in Lancaster, Pa!
Today brings: Chuck Russell
1. What made you decide to get involved with organizing #swlancaster in 2014?
Enhancing the Central PA Startup ecosystem is one of my priorities – Startup Weekends are a great way for founders, technologists and creatives to meet and exercise their startup muscles.
2. Why is Lancaster a great place for a #startup to get going?
Shoo Fly Pie.
3. What makes you interested in startups and what role (if any) do you play at one?
Prior to founding Collective Intelligence 15 years ago I was a founding member of three startups and CTO of another. I guess it’s in the blood.
4. Have you participated in Startup Weekend before? When and where?
Only those that I’ve helped organize. I’m at the point now where I prefer coaching and judging.
5. If you were any animal, what animal would you be?
What do you mean if? I’d be an elephant – call me Hadoop.
6. If you were the above animal, what would you like to see come out of Startup Weekend?
Peanuts. And a few big data ideas.
7. What are you most looking forward to at #swlancaster 2014?
Getting together with old friends and colleagues and, of course, meeting new entrepreneurs.
8. What do you do in your every day life?
I’m still Senior Partner of Collective Intelligence – knee deep in big data analytics, collaborative portals. We’re celebrating our 15th birthday this year so we’re busy commemorating that.
9. What’s your passion?
All things startup. If you’re a startup founder, you are my friend.
10. What advice do you have for SW Lancaster participants?
Think lean my friends. Lean startups, business modeling, product and customer development is critical. See you at Startup Weekend Lancaster.
There you have it – all you ever wanted to know about Chuck!
Have more questions for Chuck? Email the whole team at lancaster (at) startupweekend (dot) org (or you can click the contact button on our home page). He’ll definitely be sure to answer as quickly as possible.