That’s right. It’s February.
If you’re coming to SW Lancaster – you only have 2 weeks to prepare your pitch for Friday night!
1. Focus on the problem you want to solve
2. Mention how you think the problem should be solved
3. Talk about your secret sauce
4. Tell us what you already know
5. Showcase your winning personality
6. Show up with an idea that does something meaningful
7. Name your idea
This advice is very similar to what the Co-Directors of StartupWeekend.org say in their book.
Remember, you only have 60 seconds.
Here’s how the Co-Directors think you should plan it out:
- 5 to 10 seconds: Who are you?
- 10 to 20 seconds: What’s the problem your product/service solves?
- 10 to 20 seconds: What’s your solution?
- 5 to 10 seconds: Who do you need on your team?
Now, with all of that advice – start preparing your pitch! I know that we’ll hear some great ones Friday, February 22nd!
If you still need advice on preparing your pitch, you want to run your pitch by someone before Friday night, or you just can’t figure out where your hamster got to feel free to email us at lancaster (at) startupweekend (dot) org (or you can click the contact button on our home page).